Important hotel information - Third Party Solicitation
The Packaging Conference is aware that a third-party company is targeting our conference exhibitors/attendees with a fraudulent travel and hotel booking scheme. The company is calling and/or emailing conference exhibitors/attendees and falsely claiming it is the “official” housing bureau and/or authorized by Packaging Company to book hotel and/or travel accommodations for the conference. This is entirely FALSE.
The Packaging Conference is not affiliated in any way with this company. They make a number of FALSE and FRAUDLENT claims about the conference designed to obtain your credit card information, including:
- There are issues with your hotel reservation for the conference
- The hotel room rate for the conference has increased and/or rooms are running out and must be booked as soon as possible
- Hotel rooms for the conference can only be booked through the third party company
- That this company can get you a cheaper room rate than the conference organizers
- Hotel rooms for the conference are sold out and that they can help find you alternatives hotels.
Please be aware that this is a SCAM designed to obtain your credit card information and/or make phony charges to your credit card. Please exercise extreme caution when contacted. The representatives are extremely pushy and prodding. DO NOT give this company your credit card number, personal information, or any details about your hotel reservation because you could incur substantial credit card charges (cancellation fees, service fees, etc). Additionally, the hotel room reservations are never made and you are left without hotel reservations for the conference.
The Packaging Conference has not made any contracts with ANY outside company for hotel accommodations.
Please make your hotel reservations via our link or directly with the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas via this link: (not yet established)
or by dialing +1 (702) 590 8888